Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Robin Frake's Madison Space for 4/7


This is a picture of Burruss Hall. Burruss is significant to me because I have some classes there and is a large part of the school so I see it frequently. I chose this space because it shows how JMU students utilize all spaces at JMU to hang out, rather than just the Quad. We can infer that socializing is a major part of the college experience. On the left side there are boys drawing on the sidewalk with chalk, and this to me signifies that students here feel at home and want to make their mark on the campus. This shows how special JMU is and how close the students feel with it. In this picture we can see the combined importance of academic success shown by the grandeur of the building, and the importance of maintaining good relationships shown by the groups of students sitting together in various areas. This emphasizes the importance of a good balance between the two concepts in college life. This picture shapes my memory of JMU because it leads me to think about whatever I'm stressed about, and how it does not really matter. The most important things in college are academic success and friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive