Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Emily Amos - Madison Spaces Blog


The space that I have taken a picture of is the Department of Nursing sign that is on the second floor of the Health and Human Science building on the east side of campus at JMU. This space is an overall representation of where nursing students will spend most of their junior and senior year while at JMU. I think that campus designers intended this space to be used as a reference area for nursing students to go to while in the nursing program; the nursing students should use this area to aid them in the right direction. One way that I believe this particular space can be improved for student use is to have a study lounge specifically for nursing students; since this is where nursing students spend the majority of their time; I know that it would definitely come in handy! I don’t believe that there is a way to improve this area with respect to sustainability and environmental concerns. This area will shape my time here at JMU because I’m a nursing student and I will be occupying a lot of my time here on the second floor of HHS. The Department of Nursing sign is a symbol of who I will become and how I will grow and work towards my future. With regards to Greenberg’s article, I believe that his opinion does stand true with respect to JMU campus. The old part of campus, the quad, doesn't resemble East Campus at all and I feel as if it would be prettier and would make the campus architecture look more coherent if it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive