Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Katie Dugan's Madison Spaces 4/7








For my picture I chose a photo of Newman Lake where you can see the parking garage and some of the buildings of the quad in it. My first year at James Madison University I have been living in the tree houses. Every morning when I wake up early to walk to my class this is the view I see. As much as I dread the long walk up Greek row every morning I do enjoy the beautiful view of the lake and the ducks that are always wading in the water. I think that this lake was designed to show more of the beauty of JMU. The lake is a place where many students that live in the tree houses, or on the other side of the lake, go to relax and do some studying when the weather is nice out. Students might prefer to lay out by the lake doing work so they can still be outside and get fresh air, instead of sitting inside Carrier library all day. In this picture you can also see the top of some buildings on the quad. Most of my classes are on the quad, so the quad has also shaped an important part of my memory at JMU. Finally, in this picture you can see some of the sorority houses. I am not in a sorority, but the houses are designed just like the tree houses, I liked living in the tree houses because it was like our own community in JMU. The dorms are like none of the other dorms around the JMU campus. Greenburg would not like that JMU did not keep the original bluestone that is on the quad, but I believe that all the different styles of buildings show how JMU is changing and becoming more diverse over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive