Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Joe Cramer's Space


This space is on campus by a resident parking lot that is behind festival. This is a simple display of making something boring more attractive. Some one has dripped gold paint down an electrical box. If you want to see this you would go down university boulevard heading towards the mall. Walk past the arboretum but stop before you get to the blue ridge parking lot. The box is on the blue ridge side of the street, set in about eight feet from the sidewalk, before the parking lot actually starts. I don't think that James Madison University students use this space,the electrical boxes, for anything. As for the campus designers, I think they intended this space to be used by the electrical workers. I think that it is a good idea to put designs on these electrical boxes because it makes them more interesting to look at. This has made my view of James Madison University slightly different because I have noticed other electrical boxes on campus that have tags or stencils on them. I personally enjoy looking at these and wondering who put them up and when. I think that Greenberg's article is correct with respect to the James Madison University Campus. I cannot think of one place on campus that I do not enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive