Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Haley Johnson's madison blog


The photograph that I took was during the winter time and it is a view of the entire quad facing towards Wilson Hall. I loved the view of the quad during the winter time because the giant Christmas tree was on display as well as all the trees being covered with snow. Students on the campus mainly use this space to walk to and from classes but depending on the time of the year it can be used for many different types of activities. For example, during this time period of the picture students used the quad to partake in gigantic snowball fights while now a day’s students give the campus a real “college feel” by sunbathing and throwing Frisbees. I think the design of the quad was planned the way it was because symmetry and balance were two important characteristics of early landscaping and architecture. Also, this space will help shape my memory of my time here at JMU by remembering how beautiful this campus really is. Finally, I believe that Greenberg’s article is correct in some way relating to JMU because I think that this campus has plenty of history in the buildings on the quad but differ from the newer buildings on the east side of campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive