Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Beau Banglesdorf's Madison Space



This is a picture of the Arboretum from the entrance when you first walk in. A lot of JMU students use this place as a place to get away on a nice sunny day. You will see people laying out by the lake, walking the trails, letting the dogs run around, or even as a place to take a date. I do think this place was designed as a place for students to get away form campus and relax and day dream. To improve the Arboretum, I would not gate it up. I would leave it open all the time, not limiting students to certain hours a day to get away and get some time outside away from campus. As far as the environment goes, I can not think of anything that needs to be improved. It is animal friendly and always kept clean. When it comes to memories, a couple of my biggest JMU memories are there. This is where I asked out my girlfriend, and one of the first places I took my dog when I first got her. And yes, I think Greenberg's article is correct with respect to JMU. The buildings on campus are all of similar architecture. Even the new buildings have similar architecture among them.
By: Beau Banglesdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive