Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

Quad Blade of Grass by Erjon Kozeli



This is a blade of grass that I photographed on the quad. I got down and zoomed in really hard to just get the blade and nothing else. There are plenty of things surrounding this grass. There are a lot of building around this whole grass, a lot of people walking, and a lot of trees. During the spring and summer, students and some faculty members like to come out on the quad and lay down and either does homework, hang out with some friends, or just sleep. I think the quad was designed for buildings and classes and a big area spot when you got out of class. People like to relax on the quad if they have another class there so they just lie down on the grass and enjoy themselves. It is also a great place to meet new people because of how many people hang out there during the sunny days. It was designed to have buildings around and a beautiful mini park in the center of it. My favorite part about the quad is the people it brings and the buildings surrounding it. When you look at it from the top, it looks beautiful. This space will shape my memory of my time at JMU because I have been to many colleges and I have never seen something as beautiful as the quad. I agree with Greenberg’s article because he talks about how there are different architectures on campus that do not look alike. For example, the quad looks nothing like the Villages and the Villages look nothing like East Campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive